Monday, April 20, 2009

Tutorials

Holiday dishtowels
It doesn't take much to dress up some dishtowels. With these, I found some holiday fabric, then cut them into strips, and ironed all the raw edges in about 1/4 inch. Then I pinned the fabric to the towel where I wanted it and stitched. Super easy and the I love the way they turned out.









Cushion cover
I have been inspired! Dana makes me want to sew. I know I sew here and there, when I have a baby shower or a last minute christmas gift. But, I have a list that only keeps getting longer of things I want to sew, curtains for the bathroom, big pillows for the loft, an apron that should have gone with my mom's Christmas gift, but time ran out, just to name a few. I have decided I need to get back into the swing of things. Here's the first project I tackled. Nothing fancy, and very easy. The boys got a wagon for Christmas and they love it! I wanted to make a cushion for it so they wouldn't have to sit on the hard wood. Yes, there's a reason why I did two cushions instead of just one, but that's another story for another day.

First I made a pattern from the foam
Then I hemmed the ends


I sewed the side seams on one half of the cushion

Sew the corners. I didn't take a good picture of this. You need to open the corner up and lay it going the other way, then sew.


Turn it right side out, it will look like this


repeat with the other half

Finished!

No comments: