Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Putting my plan to work

After signing up for wardrobe refashion, I decided that I don't really have anything in my closet that needs rafashioning. After recently donating some clothes to a local thrift store, I shouldn't have anything in my closet that I don't wear. Now, while we all know that women don't wear all of the clothes in their closets, I am still not ready to potentially ruin any of these said clothes that don't actually get worn in a wardrobe refashion attempt. So, I decided I needed to go thrift shopping for some items.

At the first store, I bought 2 mens ties to be refashioned into ties for my boys. The ties didn't have price tags on them, but I didn't think they'd be much money. They ended up being $2 each, which isn't expensive, but is the same price that it would have cost me to buy fabric to make them ties. I guess at least this way I get brownie points for reusing what's already out there. I also bought a big pink and white striped seersucker skirt for what I thought would make a great market skirt. In fact, I could probably get 2 or 3 market skirts out of this one skirt. Another dress later and I spent just over $10 at the first store, which isn't alot, but after Jenn only spent .99 cents on a very cute vintage pillowcase I was feeling like finding good deals thift shopping is a learned art.

I plan on refashioning these to fit the boys

I'm not entirely sure anymore what I'm going to do with the baby dress. I don't think I was thinking properly when I bought it, because it's a size 3-6 months. We'll see what I can come up with.

I did better at the second thrift store and found an awesome mens buttondown shirt for only .99 cents that looked brand new to make a mens shirt dress.

The third thrift store we went to was not a thift store I think is ideal for finding things to refashion, but finding things to actually wear as is. They only carried designer labels, but I didn't realize this until I found a tank top I badly wanted to refashion and upon looking at the price tag saw it was $18.00. I sadly put it back on the rack and continued to look. After going back twice to look at it, I decided to buy it even though it was expensive and I am just going to cut it up because this is the refashion that I am most excited about.


Taking pictures I realized why the tank was so expensive. It was brand new with the tags on it. Brand: Bebe Original Price: $64.00

Now, off I go now with scissors in hand and unpicker in the other to try and come up with some decent refashions.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What are you going do with the tank? I want to see pictures of how everything goes. Good luck!

Jewels said...

That is a super cute tank. If that little dress was bigger, I'd make you send it to me! Good luck with your refashions!

Stacie said...

I have two different ideas for the tank, and I'm not sure which to go with. As for the baby dress, I may end up using it to make baby doll clothes for Sadie for her birthday seeing that she's so much into dress up and dolls.