Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sewing Headbands

I started giving sewing lessons, and today was our first lesson. The girls, 3 of them, made super cute headbands. I didn't think to bring out my camera until after one of the girls left, but was able to get pictures of Annake and Aubrey sewing their headbands.

I couldn't have done it without the help of my friend, Mindy, who was there to help the girls and to sign for her niece, Aubrey, who is deaf. I actually took 3 semesters of sign language in college, but that was 10 years ago, and it would have been difficult, for me at least, to explain to the hearing girls and sign for Aubrey at the same time.

The girls with their finished headband! Such cute girls and they were great to work with. I don't think I was very patient when sewing at this age, and all the girls did such a great job!

You can find the FREE pattern here that we used. A great project for a beginner.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Their headbands turned out great! I'm glad you were able to teach them.