Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nicholas' Blankets

My mom made Nicholas a blanket that he loves. One side is minkee and the other satin. I love this blanket too. Something about the two different textures on each side, and both textures are pleasing to the touch.


I found some similar fabric while shopping with my mom, and I decided I wanted to try and make one too. I started, taking pictures as I was going, with the intentions of doing a tutorial, but halfway through decided I just wanted to finish the blanket and ditched the pictures. If I do another blanket, I'll post a tutorial.


I thought my hang-up would be the corners, but they really weren't hard.


He loves to pull the blankets over his head and play Peek-a-boo with them.




I was curious to know whether he would prefer one blanket over the other or one color over the other. I'm glad he doesn't. He's perfectly happy with either....or preferably both.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like the fabric. Did you use a walking foot?

Stacie said...

Yes I used a walking foot. I can't believe the difference it makes when sewing fabrics together aren't the same.