Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hemming jeans

I'm on the shorter side, but not extremely short. The problem I run into when wearing jeans is that petite jeans still look like high waters, but I'm not tall enough to wear normal jeans without heals and rarely do I want to get that dressed up. I came across this blog via Koala Brains and thought it was worth trying. What's cool about hemming jeans this way, is you get to keep the hem that's already there. I have to admit that usually I just wear my jeans extra long but since turning 32, I've decided I should probably stop dressing like a sloppy teenager. I'm not going to post a tutorial because I wouldn't be able to make the instructions any clearer.

Excuse the fingerprints on the mirror. It's my 4 year old's room I'm taking the picture in because it had the best lighting. I should have known.

5 comments:

Jewels said...

So let me get this straight. She just sews a seam right next to original seam, so you take off all that length, but the real seam is still there? Does that make sense? I'm typing with one hand and two squealing children on my lap.

Jenn Kirk said...

So can I take my jeans to you now?

Stacie said...

Yes Julie, you've got it right.

Stephanie said...

Nicely done!

Brittany said...

I so totally need this. I fold up all my jeans along the bottom and it does look sloppy. Come to think of it, I never see anyone else with rolled up jeans! It's nice to see that you fixed yours. And thanks for the link! Also, thanks for the comment about my embroidered portraits on the cowboy quilt. That was sweet.