Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Carly's present

I haven't been neglecting my sewing, just my blog. I haven't really sewn anything blog worthy lately...unless altering my husbands turnout jacket and pants for work counts. I've put those off as long as I could because altering them didn't interest me, but I guess that's the price I pay for having an incredibly supportive husband that lets me buy the sewing machine of my dreams and lets me sew to my hearts content.
I have sewn one thing I think is very blog worthy, but I can't post a picture until I wrap it up nice and my niece, Carly, opens it. Not that Carly would care...she's only a year old, but it's a surprise for my sister, Heidi, too. I am so happy with the way her gift turned out, having never sewn this before, and I've let Heidi know that I am pleased with it. I only hope I haven't hyped it up too much. It would be like seeing a movie everyone else loves so you have high expectations for it, so when you see it, it's actually a little disappointing because you thought it would be better. Regardless, here's a teaser picture of Carly's gift. I hope they both like it. I'll post a real picture of it after Carly opens it. Unfortunately, it may be a while.

3 comments:

Heidi Davies said...

Mean. So mean. I like the colors, though.

Jewels said...

Can't wait to see what it is!

Stephanie said...

Ooh, ooh, I know what it is!!