Monday, November 2, 2009

Mae doll

My sister, Stephanie, had an emergency appendectomy the day before she and her husband were to be moving, because they had just bought a house. I had just gotten off work when I found out and had worked 108 hours that week. I was exhausted, but nothing was going to keep me from helping Stephanie. She watched Riley for two weeks when I was in the hospital the year I was pregnant with Nicholas. The good news was that my parents and one of my other sisters came up as well, so I got to give Carly her birthday present!

I wasn't able to take a picture of Carly with it. Maybe Heidi will be kind enough to do so and send me a picture. I hope she likes it. I've never sewn a doll before, so I am quite happy with it. The best part about this gift was it cost me about $2.00 to make. Don't let that fool you as to the qualitly of it. I'll definately be making more of these.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Absolutely adorable. Love it, love it, love it!

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for coming up and helping us! Thank you , Thank you a dozen times over! The doll turned out adorable. I'm sure she will love it!